My Experience as Interviewer -4


Earlier I have posted My Experience As An Interviewer-1 here.

Earlier I have posted My Experience as Interviewer -2


My Experience as Interviewer -4
Four years back, in my previous company, my team lead told me that, if you get a CV with two or three years of experience and if you do not find the personal details (with passport no or PAN no) of the candidate then, you can be sure that, the candidate’s experience is fake.

Now, my experience added one more thing to that. If I get the CV for one particular state(sorry I can’t disclose the name of the state) then I will be 90% sure that it’s a fake experience.

But, the candidates are also smart, they say that, they are not providing the personal details because, only freshers will provide the details, not the experienced candidates like them.

Interestingly, the company’s that they show in their CV are the big ones(the top most companies). When I ask them whether they are working in the payroll of that company, they say that, they are working in the company in the payroll of another consultancy. So, when they are asked to provide the documents, they will get the appointment letter, experience letter, relieving letter, pay slips from the consultancy. The consultancy will charge some amount for providing the documents. Even they are preparing the bank statements also to show the salary.

The companies which do the background verification normally send a mail to the email provided by the candidate, which will be the email of the consultancy only. So they will get the reply from the consultancy saying that this candidate worked in their company.

So what I do is, I ask them about the bank passbook, for which they do not have the correct answer. Sometimes I ask them to come with the original documents so that I can also verify from my side. Because after selecting the candidate, I do not want to hear that, it’s a fake experience and he is failed in BGV.
But, when I ask them to bring the documents, they say that, let me take the interview first, if they get selected then they will submit the documents.

All these points supports my doubt for the candidates experiences.


Comments

  1. It might have reduced now, but being called as SOFTWARE PROFESSIONAL is a status symbol. They want job in IT which pays higher salaries, they can be very happy, for boys they will get more dowry. For few, job in IT will help them is supporting their families.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment