My Experience As An Interviewer - 2

Earlier I have posted My Experience As An Interviewer-1 here.



My Experience as Interviewer -2

Again, I am not going to judge the quality of the Certification course just wanted share my experience.
In 1999, in my first software job, one of my colleagues asked me to join with him for the interview that he is going to conduct. Of course, the interview is for the opening in Microsoft technologies, and I was working primarily on Oracle and Developer/2000 and secondary was Visual Basic 5/6. He just asked me to be there in the room.

There were two candidates who came for the interview both got certified in MCSE. The first candidate came into the room, after the general introduction my colleague started asking questions related to project and practical example. Immediately the candidate said “sir, I do not have any practical or project experience, theoretically you can ask anything.” Both were shocked listening to that.

“If you do not have practical experience of the commands, how you have cleared the MCSE?” my colleague asked him.

“I followed brain dumps and some pool of questions from which we got most of the questions in the paper” he replied.

The second candidate also said the something.

It’s a different story that, both were not selected.

But, when the interview was going on, my friends come into my mind, who completed LCP like this only. They joined an institute to get trained in Lotus Notes and wanted to appear in LCP. They also got 1000 questions from the institute and in the exams they got 120 questions from the pool and they cleared LCP.

Comments

  1. :-)

    Not that practical experience is useless but if the candidate is good in fundamentals and analytical skills, you can hire him. Some are very good at grasping.

    We recently hired a programmer who doesn't have any experience in our project domain but he is going a decent job.

    You are referring to commands in both of your posts, like in "practical experience of the commands". What are these commands?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the 'statements' or the 'commands' provided the the language

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment