My Experience As An Interviewer - 3

Earlier I have posted My Experience As An Interviewer-1 here.

Earlier I have posted My Experience as Interviewer -2



My Experience as Interviewer -3

Last week, a lady came for interview. From the resume, I suspected that the experience that she mentioned is not genuine. First she refused to accept that it’s a fake experience. After sometime she accepted.

I asked her, whether she attended any other interview with any other company. Wanted to know whether others are able to find it or not. She told that, she got selected in an MNC with her resume, but due to bad luck she missed it.

She told that, in the interview she mentioned that, she is getting 3.5 Lacks and they offered only 2 lacks. They also told her that, she can think and accept it. In a dilemma, she called her friend and explained the situation. Her friend told her that, it will affect her carrier if she joins with less salary as compared to her current salary. She expressed the same thing to the interviewer.

The interviewer told her that, he will talk to his manager and get back to her. As expected, he did’t came back to her.

So, her friend’s suggestion spoiled her carrier. Of course she can’t blame her friend also. Who asked her to listen to her? She knows that she do not have a job and she needs a breakthrough.

Her bad luck helped her.

Comments

  1. i think offering 2L for someone who is having 3.5 is a trap. if she accepts that means she is accepting that she is fake. so her friend's idea of rejecting that 2L offer is correct. As 2L offer itself is a trap to find the fake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they offered 2L just to show her that she lied on resume. First of all is she really getting 3.5L? If so why can't she work/learn and prove that she is beyond her experience?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant believe that the interviewers are still using the statement 'Fake experience'. Personally, I dont give much value to years/months of experience unless demanded explicitly by the client. In more than 95 percent cases, client will not explicitly ask for specific experience group. I only see whether the person is capable of doing what is expected from him/her. FYI, I am heading SQA practices for medium level US based company.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I dont like revealing interview secrets to the outside world, in my view, this is an offence. I am sorry to say this. One is not supposed to reveal company internal details to outside world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous: Because, her experience was 'Fake'.

    Yagna: If a candidate is providing some wrong experience in his/her resume, what you call it? genuine or 'FAKE'.

    Coming to experience, when we create a new position, we set some requirements in terms of basic qualification, experience (in years) required etc. Depending on that we recruit people. Similarly, when an experience person leaves the company, we try to recruit a person with similar kind profile (like experience, qualification etc). How can we recruit a fresher or a FAKE experience person into that role?

    When you say you will not give value to experience, will u recruit a fresher for a requirement of team lead (for ex).

    If you do not share your exp with the client unless they ask you, that is up to you, I want them to tell their experience to hire them.

    I do not CARE where you work and what you do, when your thinking is like this...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment